Sunday, May 8, 2011 | By: phoebe

time

time is fleeting...time flies...time to kill...time waits for no one...time heals all wounds...time out of mind

I find myself obsessed with time these days. Not enough time to get everything done, time flying by so quickly when I'm doing something fun, time dragging through the day while I'm work, time is always on my mind. With a blink of the eye days and weeks and months and even years seem to just fly right by.

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
And you are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say
~Pink Floyd





even in the passing of time and the decay that follows there is a certain kind of beauty
(Laura spotted this window box in Georgetown and I was as smitten with it as she was, we both snuck unto the homeowners stoop to snap shots)


 I love little make believe boats like this one in a Georgetown window...they make me think of Max in Where the Wild Things Are. I have a similar one - even smaller - in one of my own windows. I imagine tiny little people floating away through time unknown on a big blue sea in a little boat like this...

 Nothing quite like an old fashioned looking clock. Digital just doesn't cut it. Digital just tells you the time, this marks the passage of time.




I think maybe he stepped out of time...afterall the flag in the background appears to be from the colonies...hmm...
Georgetown seems to be a treasure trove of awesome clocks and certainly seems to preserved time in many ways.


Super cool old cameras are so much fun...even though digital cameras are amazing and digital processing offers so many options I find myself drawn to film and the unknown quality that it represents - too bad my pocket book can't afford to get film developed on a regular basis!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I wish I had a time machine! Where has the time gone? Great shots. And I'm with you...digital just doesn't cut it. ;)

Missy Trent said...

Phoebe!
I am loving your blog!!!!!!! Laura set up an iGoogle home page for me so that I can read both of your blogs daily as I sign onto my computer! It's great! I actually blogged this morning for the first time in awhile. It felt good and I am now so inspired by our time together that I am eager to get back into blogging consistently....along with my art!
Talk to you soon!

Post a Comment