Sunday, May 15, 2011 | By: phoebe

favorite places #1 Dumbarton Oaks

I have quite a few favorite places that I have discovered in my wanderings...in no particular order this is where we shall begin...
  Dumbarton Oaks in Washington DC.
 If I could live at Dumbarton Oaks I would. I can imagine myself walking amongst the different gardens, sitting on the terrace, lounging by the pool, what a life that would be! But since there's not much chance of any of that than the next best thing is visiting. And hoping that one day one of the twins may decide to get married there or that I will have an occasion to throw a fancy party and pretend that is is  my home, if only for a brief moment. I can just picture it at dusk, lit up with strings of white lights, girls in dresses and boys in suits roaming the grounds. Ghosts from the past swirling all around, memories of a golden age. Feeling as if we'd all stepped out of The Great Gatsby  or from a scene of Heaven can Wait , a sort of bohemian elegance all around. The kind of beauty that doesn't have to hit you over the head with it's beauty, it just is.















3 comments:

Laura said...

All those photos are so beautiful Phoebe! I love the processing. Thank you for taking me to one of your favorite places. I loved it!

Missy Trent said...

Beautiful! Oh yeah...I think I could live there as well! Nighty night, my friend! ~Missy

phoebe said...

Thank you both :) I'm glad you loved it Laura, it's a wonderful place! And Missy you will have to see it in person sometime.
G'night ladies!

Post a Comment