Monday, May 2, 2011 | By: phoebe

I♥DC

I just spent three wonderful days in Washington DC with my friend and fellow artist/photog/traveller Laura. It was great to see her again and to explore the city anew. So often when people think of DC they think of politicians, monuments and gridlock but there is so much more to the city than just that. We stayed in the gorgeous and eclectic  Tabard Inn in Dupont Circle from where we explored our surroundings and ventured into Georgetown, Dumbarton Oaks, and the National Mall. We saw an albino walking down the street and a policewoman on a segwey riding into the CVS and Daniel Dae Kim (Jin from LOST) in our hotel lounge. We explored the National Gallery and the Botanical Gardens and Oak Hill Cemetery. We overheard lots and lots of fascinating snippets of conversation from people that we passed on the street..."you've got to have a plan B", "who was that/I have no idea!" and "they nickname me El Diablo". We had tasty meals at the Luna Cafe, Bertucci's and visited many Starbucks. It was a wonderful and magical escape from my day to life. After our stay in DC we were joined by Laura's friend and cousin (and my new friend!) Missy and hopped the train to Richmond. That story will be coming soon...



I think I'll call him Sam...
This little boy was so cute and he consented to giving Laura a blade of his grass that he had picked.
Somewhere along Embassy Row.


Looking towards the Capitol building I liked how the bike graphic lead the eye in that direction.

Dupont Circle at night.

Walking along Embassy Row.

Dumbarton Oaks is one of my favorite places. Ever.


More of Dumbarton Oaks.

Dumbarton Oaks.

Yes, Dumbarton Oaks.

Still more Dumbarton Oaks.

Like I said, one of my favorite places.
Therefore, many pictures of Dumbarton Oaks!

Georgetown ladies celebrating the Royal Wedding.

People watching in Dupont Circle.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, Phoebe! All these pics rock and bring back fab memories. Loved the snippets we heard and our stalking of DDK. Fab time...can't wait to come back and explore more!

phoebe said...

It was so much fun! I had a great time. And you know...DDK was in DC for a whole week I just read on his twitter.

Post a Comment