Tuesday, May 3, 2011 | By: phoebe

Home Sweet Home

After a few days in DC I'm back in Richmond where my friends Laura and Missy joined me for the weekend. On Saturday I took them to Carytown for lunch and shopping - always fun! We stumbled upon some great sidewalk chalk art while we wandered around.





 With some time to kill in between the afternoon and a dinner date with an old schoolmate of Laura and Missy's we drove around and saw the sights. Hoping that the blue herons were nesting again this year by the Pipeline I took them downtown. We saw some herons flying above and ran into a few other people along the James.
 No trip to Richmond is complete without a stop at Hollywood Cemetery.
Laura and Missy stayed at the Henry Clay Inn in Ashland which I have always wanted to see the inside of. The porch and balconies are great at this place. And it was a treat to have brunch at the Iron Horse alongside the train tracks. What fun to show off Richmond (and Ashland)!

4 comments:

Linda said...

love it,......i just had a vicarious day off thru your eyes

phoebe said...

thank you! and now I'm ready for some more of these kind of days myself...

Laura said...

LOVED seeing your bit of the world. Thank you for being such a great tour guide. :)

phoebe said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed it Laura! One day you'll have to come back and next time I'll be visiting Florida!

Post a Comment