Thursday, May 19, 2011 | By: phoebe

Favorite Places #3 Central Park

 Central Park New York City

A trip to New York City is just not complete without visiting Central Park. I have thoroughly enjoyed every bit of New York that I have visited so far but Central Park tops my list of a visit again and again kind of a place.  It's easy to wander to your hearts delight and soak up nature, scenery and people watching galore.  Some be sure that you don't miss it spots include the Alice in Wonderland statue, the Balcony Bridge, the Greywacke Arch, Strawberry Fields, the Burnett Fountain and be on the lookout for the rowboats on the water depending on what time of year you are visiting. My personal favorite destination in the park is the Bethesda Terrace and the Angel of the Waters fountain . I can easily spend a whole afternoon enjoying the surroundings and snapping photos without moving more than a hundred yards in any direction. And now after taking a look at this things to see list I've come up with a few more spots that I'll be looking for on my next visit...the Dancing Goat statue, the Lehman Gates, the Belvedere Castle, and who knows what else...



 






















This first photo is actually a Christmas card that I bought and sent out a few years ago. All of the rest are photos that  I have taken.

Coming next in my series of favorite places...along the James River.

3 comments:

Dom said...

Nice to see all these works of Art again Phoebe !
Wonderful Central Park Images ! Love it !!
I spent some times there in the 70's and you captured the looks and moods of the Park so well ;-)

Laura said...

Wow...I need to go to New York with you! Such beautiful images! That card looks just like you could have taken it yourself! Amazing images Phoebe!

phoebe said...

Thank you both :)

Post a Comment