Wednesday, May 4, 2011 | By: phoebe

guerilla art

When I was in DC last week with Laura we spent some time, ok alot of time, in the gift shop at the National Gallery. How could we not?! Anyway, I bought this really cool book called the guerilla art kit  by Keri Smith. It has loads of fun and easy ways to be a guerilla artist...ideas for chalk quotes, hidden messages, seed bombs and a whole lot more. I'm going to start doing some here in Richmond. I haven't decided which to start with or how often I'll change it up - weekly? monthly? - but however it works out it's bound to be fun. Once I get going I'll post here which project I tackled and show some pictures. I always love when I find a "secret message" or a little bit of random art so I'm super excited to put something out there in the world.  Should be a blast.

And until then here is a sampling of some messages that I have come across in my travels...

Cool sticker that I saw in Oxford, England when I was there with Mose in 2008.

 Another finding from Oxford, England in 2008.

 Saw this spray painted on a dumpster I think. It was definitely in an alley. In Savannah, Georgia from my trip there with Laura in the fall of 2009.

 Another cool sticker. This one was in Glasgow, Scotland from my trip with Patience last fall, 2010.

 Saw this on a mailbox in Georgetown, Washington DC, last Christmastime when Patience, Mose, Madison and I spent a day there.

2 comments:

Laura said...

You are so good at spotting these random messages so I think it's fitting that you will now be putting some out there too! so excited you are blogging...you are too talented not to! Oh, LOVE the Oxford pic so very much!

phoebe said...

Aww, thank you! I am a sucker for random messages...

Post a Comment