Tuesday, June 21, 2011 | By: phoebe

Paris, Je T'Aime

Yay, we're in Paris! It was a long journey but we made it. A flight to New York and then to London and then to Paris. A cab ride to our apartment in Montmartre with a crazy cursing cab driver. The airline was kind enough to misplace our luggage along the way which meant that afer a twelve hour journey and loads of jet lag we didn't have to haul bags along with us. That's the bright side of looking at it, the reality was no clean clothes hence no shower since no clean clothes to change into. But we marched on nonethesless and spent our first half day wandering the streets of Montmartre. We climbed the hill to Sacre Cour, ate nutella and banana crepes, saw faux snow falling down along the Boulevard de Rochechouart, encountered a creepy blonde transvestite leaning out of a window in Pigalle, and came across more sets of lovers entwined (fully dressed but madly passionate and oblivious to the the world around them) than I would have believed possible. Oh how I adore Paris :)
And yes, btw, we did finally get our luggage...today around 3 PM, only 24 hours after we arrived. It could've been much worse...
Tomorrow I will process and post some of todays adventures, including a trip to the tippity top of the Eiffel Tower. But until then here are some from yesterdays wanderings...

 This is the view from our apartment balcony on Rue Lamarck.



 Sacre Cour.


 Wandering through the winding streets of Montmartre.



 I love fun and random finds like these moustache men.

So many steps in Montmartre!

And a little more randomness...

1 comments:

Laura said...

Oh how these images cause my heart to ache for Paris! Love your attitude about the lost luggage! I hope you are enjoying my favorite part of Paris! Montmarte is a character all it's own and I must say I'm lovin' that you brought your laptop and can blog along the way! YAY! Can't wait to see more! It's *almost* as good as being there myself. :)

Post a Comment