Monday, September 12, 2011 | By: phoebe

wolves may lurk in every guise

I saw this quote on an etsy page and loved it right away. Its from Little Red Riding Hood. I doodled this while watching a few episodes of House last night. I'm on season 5 now. What will I do when I've watched them all? I'm going to have to find another series to keep me entertained I suppose.
I think I'll do something with some more quotes maybe and take Laura's suggestion and try my hand at making cards. Maybe if I start now I can come up with something for Christmas... We'll see.


    
Oliver and I walked in the "other" part of my neighborhood tonight. There is a street, Bellevue, which intersects my neighborhood in half. I've always thought of one side as the fun side and the other side as the practical side. The fun side has houses of all different colors, cottages, big porches and a more artistic feel. I live on the fun side by the way :) The practical side is made up of almost entirely brick houses, no colors to speak of and a more uniform look. I used to live on the practical side years ago and didn't like it so much. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but just not as fun.  But I thought tonight I'd give the practical side a chance and see if the alleys were more interesting than the streets. We didn't find much.  So tomorrow it'll be back to the fun alleyways again.
And oh yeah, almost forgot, todays pictures from the droid...effect : vintage/colourised
frame : grungy/instant transfer 2.
Tomorrow...maybe SX70...


The back of the dry cleaners in one of the two neighborhood shopping streets. I like how every single thing is painted. Except for where there used to be a spicket.




I'm not sure what this is supposed to be but it did seem to make good use of an old tea pot, reflectors and a hub cap.



































Ok, so this is not in an alley but on the way to the alley. We cheated a little.
The store front of the local florist. I'm old enough to actually remember tvs like this at my grandparents house.


Another store front. A very friendly cat that was very interested in Oliver. He was not interested in her at all.


If you have 10K to spare this baby could be yours. 


One of these days hopefully I'll be able to get a decent picture of Oliver facing the camera.


2 comments:

Laura said...

I love your Zentangle! I do hope you do cards! How fun! Haha about Oliver not interested in the cat. And I love the top picture too...where the spigot used to be is my favorite part. :)

Dom said...

I love that doodle ;-)) Yes...make some cards !! They will definitely be unique !! Looks like Oliver is leading the way ...haha..watta dog ;-))I like the hubcap/teapot thingee..looks like a portrait ;-)

Post a Comment