Thursday, August 18, 2011 | By: phoebe

the sketchbook project

Last year I signed up and paid my dues for the sketchbook project but only managed to make it about 6 pages in. I decided that I am going to give it another shot this year. I signed up, yay! My chosen theme is "long trips and short phone calls". I think that leaves me alot of room for interpretation. We shall see.

The sketchbook project is open to anyone and everyone from around the world. There is a $25 registration fee and a list of almost 40 themes to choose from. Once you pick your theme and pay your money you will get a sketchbook sent to you in the mail. From there the sky is the limit. You can fill up your sketchbook however you please. When you're done you mail it back before the deadline and then your sketchbook becomes part of a permanent library at the Art House Co-Op and gets to go travel around the country. Pretty neat, huh?

As a bonus the Art House Co-Op happens to be doing a community challenge give away with every sketchbook purchased right now. So, for my $25 I not only signed myself up I have sent a sketchbook to the Bridges for Brain Injuries organization in Canandaigua, NY. This group " is an organization that provides programs and services to adults with brain injuries, adults with physical disabilities, and the elderly. Our purpose is to prevent, circumvent, or divert nursing home placement so that the individuals we work with can remain in their communities. [Through our art programs] we have found that many of our individuals have an innate creativity that they have not incorporated into their rehabilitation before." There are 9 other causes as well so if you sign up you have choices.   

Fun, fun, fun! (til her daddy takes her t-bird away)

Anyway, here's the deal, so check it out. 




1 comments:

Laura said...

Yay!! So glad you are attempting it again this year! My theme is Travel With Me. You're theme is great...lots you can do with that! I'll be rooting you on! Whoohoo!

Post a Comment